Monday, February 13, 2006

School Disco

So I’ve heard of this great idea for a night club where all the girls dress up in tight white shirts & very short pleated skirts…sounds tops…apart from being in Hammersmith (That’s just silly).
So with Xavier & Holly slumming it in London for the next week or so (Dublin’s so hot right now) I had the great idea of going to school, actually it was Xavier’s idea.
Yes I know that I do a poor 'Blue Steel"
Tips for going to School Disco:
1) You will need to be very very drunk (I wasn’t even close)
2) Go with a decent crew (playing 3rd wheel is not advisable)
3) & it helps if you’re between 18 & 21. (I felt like a dirty old man at some points).

In the end I did have a OK time…I mean how can anyone feel blue with Bryan Adam’s ‘Summer of 69’ blaring, closely followed by Bon Jovi’s ‘Living on a Prayer’…Yay for the 80’s.
This brings me to my point (Yes every now & then I do have one). As stated earlier, the average age at this thing was about 20. Now ‘Living on a Prayer’ was released in 1986, so the only reason I can think of that these kids like this music is that it was playing when they were in the womb…Fat Boy Slim or late Prodigy would me more in line with what they were listening to when they were in high school wouldn't it?
Kids these day!
On the job front, I’m off to do some construction work so I don’t have to get a crap IT job.
OK then… be good.
Rodis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home