Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Big Decision of 2006

Of cause I’m not talking about the Palestinian elections, oh no this is much more important & world effecting.
WHICH FORMULA 1 TEAM DO I SUPPORT IN 2006?
The old school Kiwi boys will realize how detrimental this choice can be. (McLaren are still recovering) But the big changes, purchases & moves of late 2005 left me with quite a conundrum to puzzle on. With BMW leaving Williams to create it own team & Honda doing the same from BAR I was pulled 3 ways.
Honda RA106
Do I go with Honda who was the first car I ever owned (It was not a hair dresses car!) & also the power plant behind the Williams glory days?
BMW Sauber F106
Do I go BMW who make the coolest production cars out of the European F1 car manufactures? (Yes that includes Ferrari, just because you feel inadequate in some areas)
Williams FW28
Or do I go with Williams who have fallen on hard times of late but are still a great team & who have never been scared to look outside the box? (Even if it seems to be a hindrance more than a help ½ the time) We’ll see how the new gearbox works out.
Well after thinking long & hard on the issue (One of the few benefits of unemployment) I have reached my decision.
It’ll be Williams of cause!
I hope they win but in reality with a new engine it may take them a few years to pull them selves up, the same with BMW. Honda should be expecting to be at the very top fighting with Renault.
Good to see New Zealand doing so well in A1 & bring on Bahrain, March12.
Rodis out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home