Friday, December 30, 2005

The Tower Part 1

The Tower
Did the Tower with Will yesterday…how to sum it up?.. Ech.
I don’t know, It wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t that good. I think it was the crowds of Yanks, Frogs & Wogs…Plus all the other nationalities…I have come to the conclusion that I dislike people. Now don’t get me wrong, individually I’m sure that most of them are very nice people & after a few drinks I could most probably find an American that I liked (Yes Mon I know you’re an American & yes I think your wonderful) but in tightly confined spaces I get the urge to do the old “I’m going to swing my arms at high velocity & walk forward. If you get in the way of my fists, that’s your fault”. And then there are the children, (Obviously excluding blood relatives) lets just say that several children moved away from us at speed & we got some very dirty looks from parents…which we retuned whole heartedly.
Now back to the tower…It’s old, very very old. Older than New Zealand old. Six times older than New Zealand old!
Some times they didn’t quite get it right like the Wardrobe tower in the 12th century, which isn’t very…well very there anymore See
Other times they got it very right like in the case of the White Tower that was completed by 1100 & is still standing. Mind you it has been renovated a few times over those 900 years. Very castle like
The White Tower is the home to the main armory so you get to see loads of ...armor (Surprise, surprise), swords, lances, guns and these funky little gun shield things that I forgot to take a photo of. Simpsons. Glove slap, baby glove slap Lance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home