Monday, December 19, 2005

No one likes us, We don’t care

We are Millwall
Super Millwall
We are Millwall
From the Den!

I went to my first football game on the weekend. Oww yeah baby I’ve got the bug. OK it was only a Coca Cola Championship (3rd division for you Kiwis) game of Millwall (Bottom of the table) Vs Reading (Top of the table) but about as big a super 12 game. After a couple of pick me ups before the game we were feeling 12ft tall & ready to get right amongst it with the chants. The atmosphere hits you like a sucker punch. OK there may have only been about 8,000 people or so, but they are just a little more vocal than any antipodean crowd. Apart from the main chant above (starting with the title), here are a couple of my favorites.

Is your missus?
Is your missus?
Is your missus as fat as you?
Sang to a tubby Reading fan trying to give us grief

YYYYYoouu're goin 'ome in a Landan Amb-ul-ance
YYYYYoouu're never make the station!
YYYYYoouu're never make the station!

When i was just a little boy
I asked my father what will i be
Will i be Arsenal, Will i be Spurs
Heres what he said to me
Milllwalll Millwall Milllwalll Millwall Millwall
Not that it matters but we got drilled 2-0. For the last 20 minutes of the game you could feel the tension rising, we were 2 down, one man off with a red card & the dirty one eyed ref kept pinging us while not seeing the Reading scum do the same thing!! But in the end it didn’t kick off so I still haven’t seen a football riot, & no J we didn’t try singing “Fight for your right to Paaarty” Then on Sunday we had the flat Xmas dinner since half of them are shooting off to Switzerland for Xmas (Don’t ya just love Europe). So I did my first ever Xmas ham, complete with pineapple & crisscrossed skin on Friday all by myself & with the help of Nick & Aaron did a massive Xmas turkey with roast veggies yesterday.

We had sooo much food; it looks like its Turkey and/or Ham Sammies for the next week or so.
OK then I’m off to play some Playstation.Burp!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home