Monday, December 12, 2005

What's been happening in my world Part 1

OK fine you’ll correct & I’m sorry for doubting you. Good that should pacify all the 'naggy know it alls' that have been telling me to go to the Imperial War. . WOW that place has soo much stuff!! I was in there for well over 3 hours & could have very well stayed longer if it wasn’t for all the school children in there… After 3 hours of them I had to leave before I picked up a couple of the smaller one to throw at the bigger faster ones. Having to leave so soon did mean that I have only seen about half of the place so will have to go back soon
Here are some pics Now I'm sure this is the tank in 'Raiders of the lost Ark' but according to the info sign it's British? So I have worked out that either
a) The museum got it wrong (Could happen, you should never trust a strange museum (It's kind of like stranger danger but with museums))
b) Hollywood lied to us (NEVER!!)
c) The Nazis fighting Indiana Jones were a bit slow & stole a British tank. (That sounds right since anyone would have to be slow to take on Dr Jones (still the coolest guy ever apart from maybe Han Solo)).
The Tamzine: The smallest boat to take part in the evacuation of Europe from Dunkirk to England, I bet that would have been fun
The V2; The second ballistic missile. (A gold star to anyone who knows the name of the first?)
If I had a dollar for every time I’ve blown one of these up in a computer game I’d have well over $10. The Sherman tank: As driven by 'The Shermanator

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, now on to more corrections (Tuck your'e letting the kiwis down bro!).

The tank was from "The Last Crusade", not the 1st one.

The V-2 was the worlds first ballistic missile. The V-1 was a flying bomb (so no gold star for you son) ad doesn't count.

11:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home