Monday, January 01, 2007

A brilliant Christmas but a VERY poor New Years

OK so I’m now sitting in my lounge chilling after what has been a very intense fortnight.
It stepped up a notch, when I caught up with the old Promina crew of Chris, Scott & the lovely Emma. It was looking like a standard Friday night & when Emma excused herself to go visit her friend who had just entered the breeder ranks, I was working out what I was going to order from ‘Best Grill’ on the way home. Then Chris came back from the bar with a cheeky grin & a handful of sambuca shots…A few more rounds of the good stuff & it was off to Clapham to catch up with another of our old Sydney mates Jolene (Non Promina) for shenagins & ended up catching the 7am tube home.
Then the 20th with the CRUK Xmas do. A great night, even though it was a Wednesday so we all had to shape up for Thursday. It must be one of most uneventful work Xmas parties I’ve ever been to with no one being caught snogging in the stairwell. So Vince, James & I decided to liven things up, by demonstrating some great dance moves…like ‘The Lawn Mower’, ‘The Happy Cowboy’ & my personal favorite ‘The Water Sprinkler’.Friday & work finished at 3 so by 3:05 we were all in a warm all be it very crowded pub. But I couldn’t stay, as in a mere 4 hours I was meeting up with C&Z to see Millwall play Scumthorpe in The Den. Once again we lost 1-0 (Go figure we’ve won the following 2 games 4-1!). It was freezing with a forecast temperature of -2 but it was warmer in the ground…Let’s say 2 degrees. Still that didn’t stop the lads fronting when some West Ham mugs thought they could wander into The Den uncontested, silly Muppets! Christmas Day. I was up at 5:30 to call the Whanau back home. It was great catching up with everyone (I really should do it more than twice a year) & found out my big sis & brood are moving to Tauranga. Then we had a classic travelers Xmas with most of the flatmates, Adam, Stacey, Fletcher & Jolene. What a massive massive day, not least because of Adam’s Nintendo Wee. I never thought I would like a Nintendo, the DS is pants & the Gamecube…well the least said the better, but the Wee is just brilliant. If you don’t know what it is, basically instead of pressing buttons like on a Playstation or an Xbox, the system can sense the position of the controller. So when playing baseball you just hold the controller like a baseball bat & swing at the correct time. My favorite games were Tennis & Golf & for a full on cardio workout try boxing.
Then came New Years…& for the first time in my life food poisoning. For the 2nd year in a row I watched the New Years fireworks on TV. Last year was fine as it was completely self infected but this year I had a great night lined up, but instead I was curled up on the couch watching crap TV trying to keep water down! Oh well 2006 has been a fairly rough year so I’m OK finishing it roughly just as long as 2007 shapes up better. On the bright side I did lose the all the weight I put on over Xmas. I lost 12kg to come back to a very twight 80kg, the lightest I’ve been since I was about 21…..Who says bulimia is a bad thing?
Happy new years all….Photos to follow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefered you up a the mast on the Pirate ship

6:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home