Monday, October 30, 2006

My End of Year F1 Rant

So that’s it for another year….Now what am I going to do for the next 138 days 4 hours 55 minutes & 27 seconds. Guess there’s A1 ….Go team New Zealand!!! We’re down in 13th place but only 2 races gone & 10 to go.
Anyway what a year!! That has got to be one of the best seasons I seen since I really started following F1 8-9 years ago. Well done to Alonso & Renault for their championships. I really have to take my hat off the Renault, they did have the best car over the season, even with some….dubious calls from the FIA & some baffling comments near the end of the session from their ‘lead’ driver.
Well done to Schu for his stellar career, his final race was a master class to all the up & comers (& there is a lot of them) of what a driver of his caliber can do. I hated him from the get go back with Benetton because of his over riding arrogance & at times almost contempt for his fellow drivers but over the last few sessions we’ve seen a much more grounded, relaxed MS (Apart from a couple of times that we don’t need to go into here) & as I’ve said before he is a 7 time world champ for a reason & 3 dodgy incidents can not take away from that.
What a horrid year for Williams, I think the DNFs summed up our session quite well. Renault-4, Ferrari-5, Honda & BMW equal on 8, Super Aguri (A team that is still not 1 year old) 18 & Williams on a massive 20 DNFs, that’s a 45% Finish race…..sad!
Here are the final stats
Drivers Championship
Constructors ChampionshipGrid placings
Placings
And now for next year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cherry said...

You super geek you! There is so many spreadsheets! I have to admit I did read it and enjoyed it :o)

Hope you are well love ya xxxx

12:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazingly thourough, but im confused..what the hell is a plancing

11:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home