Saturday, July 29, 2006

London Motor show

Chris, Johno & I popped off the motor show on Thursday.
Not too bad but only about ½ the size of the motor show I went to earlier this year but still got my full of sculptured metal, plastic & carton fiber.Starting with the car that I would buy tomorrow if I won Lotto tonight, the DB9 Volante.
Then we move on to the battle of the SUV front grills.

Range Rover Sport, Hummer H2 & the Escalade.
Hummer even supplied a loud fat American in matching singlet to hang around the area annoying everyone. The 2 Yank Tanks are easily twice as big the wee Brit & also they have more ‘Bling’ than Mr T, still I love the understated look of the RR Sport.I’ve always had a soft spot for Corvettes, & the N06 is not exception.
There were some really phat modified cars.
Like this Stretched Hummer & one of the coolest Porsche I’ve ever seen…Love that front bumper.

Of cause there were some F1 cars kicking about.

I even found one of the cars used in the Grand Prix Masters series that Nigel Mansell plays in. It will be interesting to see how Damon Hill places in it later this year. Also with Alain Prost rumored to be driving in the series next year it could be one to watch.



Although I’ve now been living in Cities for over 12 years I still can’t go past a good Ute…like the Mitsubishi L200.

They had also rustled up a few classics…Like Scooby-Doo’s Mystery Machine above & the 1929 land speed record holder, The Golden Arrow below
Then the spanking new concept cars like the Mazda KaburaThey even had a Top Gear stand showing off the amphibious vehicles, like Clarkson’s Powerboat Hilux

Some super saloons like the Evo IX & this AMG Merc
Of cause heaps of uba fast cars like the Pagani Zonda & the Ariel Atom …A road legal super Go-Kart.

We then found a super yacht that was living out its days as a Hotel. It seemed to be listing badly due to being over stocked with beer so we did what any decent guy would do & kicked aboard to rectify the problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home