Wednesday, April 12, 2006

CU Will & the V&A

OK first off Good bye to Will, you’ll be sorely missed…Hopefully Colleen will be touring NZ soon.

Smile dude!
Now I know I’ve been slacking off lately with the blog but 2 weekends ago I took the girls to the V&A Museum (I’m such a player)…ohh & Will tagged along.
All in all the V&A isn’t really my cup of tea. What with its fashion section, Owww they have Dianna’s ‘Pearl Dress’ & a display for this pink tracksuit!What looked like ye olde endlish Hope Chests, About 300 busts of random people and ‘The Silver Room’.Although it may sound gay, but all I could think of when in there was ‘Some poor bugger has to polish all of this’
So I’m tagging along in the museum thinking that listening to girls about what museum to go to wasn’t one of The Rod’s smartest moments, when Will shows us into the ‘Cast Courts’…Now this is cool! Basicly this is where they take plaster casts of sculptures that the British couldn’t steal off the rightful owners like Trajan’s Column (Above) or Michelangelo’s David (Below)
Hehe…I thought it didn’t get cold in Italy.
Plus the photography collection was pretty cool. Like this one which I forget the name of the photographer. Oh and once again none of the postcards in the gift shop were of any of the pieces I like!
OK then I’ll update this soon as I’m off to Penzence this weekend for Easter. Aharr singing pirates…I am the very model of a modern Major General! (Yes I know he’s a Naval Officer not one of the Pirates!)
Later

2 Comments:

Blogger Pondabroad said...

Ahem... who took WHO to the V and A???
Must admit, I had the same thought about the polishing.
Hope you had fun in Penzance.. see any Johnny Depp-looking pirates??

4:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I agree, I do believe WE took YOU!!!! I know how you like to think you have a harem of biatches...

I was particularly taken with the sculpture of David ;o)

4:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home