Tuesday, January 08, 2008

2007 Round up Part 1

OK I know I’ve been absolutely useless with updating the blog…It’s been over 6 weeks (Now 9 –Started this before Xmas) since my last proper blog – playing with my new toy doesn’t really count. So to start with…My old flatmate Jared stopped off in London for a couple of days on his immense round the world trip. This provided the perfect excuse for a night on the goon helped along with miniatures of absinthe as well as a Royal & SunAlliance reunion (Where we meet some lovely Polish lasses. Good to see you again Pie.
X&H’s flat decided to have a party for Halloween, even better they made it a costume party, even better than that it was a Pimps and Prostitutes! Girls from the other side of Europe wearing revealing clothes…Hooray. The last time I went to one of these I went in drag only meet my girlfriend at the time’s father for the first time, so this time I decided to go a pimp. Happy days!

..........

Road trip:At the start of November Xavier, Holly & I did the reverse of the trip Rich & I did earlier this year, only this time on my advice we missed out the Pikie park people call Glasgow. We started out in Cambridge – After a quick pit stop to feed Holly before she ate the back seat (Don’t mess with little white girls…They kick). The academia may lynch me for saying this but Cambridge reminds me of Oxford. It looks very nice in a Standard English town kind of way & had a very nice pub over looking some punting boats. Onto Newcastle on Tyne; where after everything everyone had told me I was heading towards with very high expectations, mainly of friendly girls wearing two belts & nothing else…Yay for northern girls. Unfortunately it all went ‘Phantom Menace’ and I was reminded yet again that you should never build anything up too much or Captain Karma will bite you in the arse. Firstly they were dressed (I didn’t realise it was possible) even more conservatively that Kiwi Lasses. The REALLY disappointing thing was how unfriendly they were. At one point I popped outside for a fag & a spot of Smirting… Now I’m not saying for one second that I’m ‘Robio the most beautiful man in the cosmos’ but even I have never been turned down from a casual conversation by 6 girls in a row!!! So after the ego slaughter called Newcastle I was in need of some home comfort…Scotland then! We stopped off at Holy Island (Well it’s very close to Holly Island & by this time it was Holly’s B Day) but unfortunately Father Tide wasn’t having a bar of it so we had to admire from afar. After & quick saunter up to Inverarity so Xavier could see his home town, that is smaller than Turua (Pity I couldn’t do mine but it would’ve taken another 4-5 hour one way) we headed back to Edinburgh. Now being Holly’s B Day I was about to excuse myself to a pub to meet locals so they could pop out for a romantic dinner but was vetoed by the big H. So we went out for some wicked Italian & onto (After some looking) a tight little club that gave a great student discount and a great floor show. The next day was Armistice Day (roughly England’s ANZAC Day) Once again I missed the dawn service but after some sightseeing managed to make it (late) to the 11am service. Edinburgh is an amazing city, really beautiful & the people are way friendly, plus there are green bits all over the show. Then we settled in for the big drive. Edinburgh to London via Lake Windermere in 1 day….BRING IT! I had the 1st Leg & since my passengers had fallen asleep I could see what the mighty C-Max could do…Not bad for a Super Hatch, just a bit rolly in the corners & very little mid range power. The B roads leading into Windermere have to be some of the nicest in the world & beg for a sweet little soft-top sports car and a quite Wednesday afternoon on the road…Not a small people carrier on a bank Holiday Sunday. Afternoon tea by the lake for sunset…its winter in England so sunset is about 3:30pm. Then we had the drive from the Lakes District to Home with a stop off in Birmingham for dinner with Holly’s Aunt/Family Friend? OK this brings me up to ½ way through November…more to come

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home